speaker static and volume help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
in my 2.1 speaker set up, one of the speakers has tons of static when i increase the volume, and the volume control for that one speaker is dreadfully inconsistent. whenever i turn the volume nob, the volume in that one speaker increases and decreases wildly. HELP!!!!!!!

Sound card and speaker system is a good thing to add in when asking this question. Also is there anything in the area that you think would cause any interfence? And check some other speakers and/or headhpones directly connected to the sound card.

Sounds like dirty contacts. If you can remove the control knob, try blowing some compressed air to dislodge gunk.
This is just a guess....only a guess....

good idea, anyway my sound card is a SB live! mp3+, and the speakers are KenMates 40w 2.1

i get the same problem when i hook the speakers up to a cd player

i took apart my sub because thats the source of the problem, i can't remove the nobs without doing permanent damage to the insides, but i did check connections for the outputs and power inside the sub and all looked well. but i still get the static and volume problems

well.....i'm at a loss......sorry i couldn't help you more.....althouhg it might have somthing to do with the power cable......somtimes that gives me problems with my sound......well good luck:cool:

"good idea, anyway my sound card is a SB live! mp3+, and the speakers are KenMates 40w 2.1

i get the same problem when i hook the speakers up to a cd player"

Is that what you're looking for gameGURU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom