speaker setup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sous2817

Solid State Member
Hello,

My wife and I are getting ready to build a new house and I was hoping to set up surround sound in our "weenie room". My goal is to have the speaker wires run behind the wall to keep everything looking clean, but I haven't been able to find speakers with long enough wires. Currently I'm using a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS that supports 7.1 sound, and a cheap set of 4.1 speakers.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a set up so I can mount the speakers on the wall(s) and keep the wires hidden behind the drywall. The simplest solution would be to run the sound card to a receiver and from the receiver to the speakers using standard speaker wire (like I'm going to do in our living room). The only problem I have with that is how to I hook my sound card up to a receiver?

If anyone has any thoughts/input on the matter it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

get a amp with a digital input on the back. then buy a adapter from radio shack. connect the digital out on your sound card to the digital input on your new amp(with the adapter) then set your sound card settings to digital output on.

Thanks! Can you give me a link to an adapter? I looked around on Radioshack.com, but to be honest with you I don't really know what I'm looking for (or where to look).

Thanks agian,

radio shack part number; 42-2444, 1/8" plug to RCA plug. please note that this is a mono jack, and therefor should only be pluged into the SPDIF jack on your sound card. plugging it into a stereo jack on your sound card might dammage it. the RCA end will go to your amp SPDIF in jack. and also note that this is not an optical jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom