Speaker setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Baseband Member
ok, i have creative 5.1 surround sound speakers, i have them in a quadraphonic setup, - because on my onboard sound card the sub/center speaker plug is also my mic plug so i dumped the center speaker and sub, i want to know if its possible to to make all the speakers work not just the front ones, i know this is how they are supposed to work but all i really use them for is music and this setup would basically be useless. maybe a tweak or program that makes all the speaker work as front or maybe a setting i over looked? -would appreciate any help- thanks

Well, I'm assuming that your sound card actually supports all these speakers. If not, just try a couple y-cables in there, shouldn't hurt quality too much. Also, since they are creative, if they came with any software, I would check with that and make sure your setup is on a preset such as "Movie", which, in most cases, makes use of all 5 speakers, whereas a mode entitled "Music" will only use stereo, left and right, in order to achieve the best sound quality. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom