Speaker Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBestEver

In Runtime
I want to hook up speakers that will play for both my computer audio and my TV Audio. I know this is possible, just what do i need to accomplish it. I'm on a budget of $700 for everything: Speakers, Receiver, and other Components. Also, if someone could link me to some tutorial where I can find what to specifically look for when purchasing a speaker system. And, also, I'm looking for a 5.1 system with some major power. Again, all for under $700.

okay, a surround sound system (Receiver and Speakers) that will play audio from both my computer and my TV (when watching satellite tv). im looking at 5.1 systems and need all of it for under $600-700 max. I'm not really good at the techinical stuff about sound systems which is why I'm trying to find a tutorial. That would be the best thing right now. Some type of tutorial about audio and what to look for when buying a surround system. And yes, I think that Radio Shack item will do it.

get a reciver that has diffrent input sources (i have an old nec that has like tape/cd/radio/blah/blah).

run audo cable from your tv or what ever into one input on the reciver. then run another from your machines sound card to another reciver input. Then select the source as needed.

might be a shotty way to do it i dunno, im not big into sound. Thats how I did it.

It isn't very hard. If you are going to buy everything piece by piece, then EricB is your man.

If you are planning on buying everything (surround sound system) in an all-in-one boxed system, then that is all you really need and then hook up your soundcard to any input you want on the reciever. If you are going for true digital surround, then your soundcard will need some form of digital out (spdif, coaxial, or optical) and your receiver must have digital ins (i dont know of any these days that dont)

I could explain this more, but EricB is a little more experienced with this than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom