Speaker Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottharner

Beta member
Hello,

Here is my situation: I recently purchased a USB turntable that I am going to keep near my computer. I have a nice pair of speakers that I am currently using with my computer and that I would also like to use with the turntable. What would I need to do in order to use this pair of speakers with the computer & turntable? The following link is the turntable's instruction manual to help with any questions

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/re...p2d_usb_om.pdf

I wasn't sure if there was way I could achieve this with using an audio Y splitter? I really didn't want to have to spend the money on a receiver, but if thats the only option, I guess I will.

Thank you in advance for your help.

you hook the turntable up through usb. so you don't need anything else but audacity to record from it

Why would one want a turntable? I can see if you want to use it to translate records to MP3. Are there similar tape players that connect through USB?

Why would one want a turntable? I can see if you want to use it to translate records to MP3. Are there similar tape players that connect through USB?

Mixing, recording. DJ'ing.

traditional record players have a more naturall analogue sound aswell, people prefer it.

Mixing, recording. DJ'ing.

traditional record players have a more naturall analogue sound aswell, people prefer it.

right. an expensive record player with a scratch free record will always have a more natural sound. some say that the phaze distortion from the record system is what make it sound so good. they might be right

Is it possible to add some kind of 'phaze distortion' effect to an old good album on cd, and see whether it sounds as natural as an expensive record player ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom