Speaker Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

February1088

Beta member
Well I actually don't know how this problem happened. I was moving my large PC from my apartment to the house and I don't remember touching anything that would cause this. I didn't download any software or anything

Ok here is the problem. Whenever I turn on my PC, and I play anything that has sound, the audio will sound very messed up, as if the sound is getting distorted, it sounds like very fast tapping non-stop. Its hard to describe the sound, its like when your computer freezes while music is playing, that music stays in one spot and keeps getting repeated annoyingly, similar to that. The sound goes away when I restart my computer but again, when I play a game or listen to music, it happens again. I don't think its my speaker problem because the same thing happens when I plug in my earphones into the computer. My sound card is enabled and working. But my biggest guess is that my motherboard (which has internal sound) or a Mic volume is playing at the same time as my sound card, creating a conflicting sound. I even went to BIOs to turn off the sound on my motherboard but it does not seem to be working.

Can anyone help?

Check the Device Manager.

Start>Right click on My Computer (or Computer in Vista)>Select Manage

There on the left side click the title for Device Manager.

Now see if there is any conflicts listed. They will be shown by a Yellow ! in a triangle symbol. If you see that the device has a conflict which needs to be fixed. Check for that and let us know.

Check the Device Manager.

Start>Right click on My Computer (or Computer in Vista)>Select Manage

There on the left side click the title for Device Manager.

Now see if there is any conflicts listed. They will be shown by a Yellow ! in a triangle symbol. If you see that the device has a conflict which needs to be fixed. Check for that and let us know.

Nope, not one thing. I checked this already.

Then best suggestion would be to remove yourr sound drivers and reinstall them. You already checked for loss parts right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom