Sounds skipping on my animation for Uni, Sound card to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonsayers

Baseband Member
Hi

I'm making a shockwave animation for uni. I have constructed it on a mac computer at uni and all has been well. I brought the animation home to work on over the weekend. I open it up in Macromedia Director and find out that the sound effects skip / crackle when they should be played normally (As they were on the mac).

For example on my animation you click to knock on the door, two sounds should be played, a knock sound and an angry voice. The user does this 3 times . If you click quickly 3 times the sounds will just become crackly or just skip entirely.

It's best for you to see the animation for yourselves:

CLICK TO VIEW ANIMATION

I've adjusted sound acceleration in the control panel and it helps a bit, I can hear mutliple knocks and voices if I click quickly on the door scene and I can sometimes hear the door hatch close too. Also the punch at the end isn't as crackly, but I still hear crackled SFX. (It's an Unfinished uni project btw so ignore broken or non working parts)

I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound card with the LATEST drivers. If that helps.

Win XP home too.

Sounds play fine on the mac at uni, and the animation has been tested on other users and they report that the sounds are fine too. I'm 99% sure it's my hardware, or something to do with my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom