SoundCard / Speaker Problem? Etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApM

Daemon Poster
Hello, Recently I purchased Creative ZS Sound Card along with Philips MMS460 5.1 Speakers.

Okay, I installed the soundcard with no troubles, also had no problems testing the speakers - they worked fine apart from the sub (Orange Wire) i relised the sub wasn't working and all the other speakers where.. when the orange wire was pluged fully in the back of the sub, the 5 speakers where working but the sub wasn't, I found a way to get all the speakers and sub working but i had to remove the orange wire so far out of the sub-wirehole so it was half-in and half-out - this way all the speakers where working including the sub, but i'am sure the wire isn't men't to be like this for the speakers/sub to be working...?

Any idea's? Thanks. :).

(I re-posted this, maybe because I put it in the wrong forum section and wasn't getting replys! :).)

for 5.1 sound, your Creative ZS will support it, you will need 3 plugs from the speakers to get it working properly

you need one for sub and front speaker
one for rear speakers
one for front left and front right speakers

then set up your system to use 5.1 sound in "sounds and audio devices" in control panel

don't post the same thread in more than one topic

Maybe you didn't read the question, the speaker set-up is correct but when I plug all the wire's in the correct palces only the 5speakers work and not the sub.

But when I remove 1 of the wire's (Which is the Orange wire) half-way out of the socket the sub works including all the speakers, I know the advice will be to leave it as this but It's not suppose to be like this, maybe a wire fault?

In the setup software, is your system setup as 5.1? I'm not totally sure what the problem could be... i know what your saying, but i can't think of a solution.

Yeah the set-up is 5.1, I've been trying to fiddle around with the software, don't know why because it isn't the software..

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is you have the cables setup wrong (i.e., you used the wrong cables for the wrong speakers).

I have a question for you. Take your subwoofers plug out of the soundcard and look at the tip of the plug. Does it have 1 or 2 black(or colored) rings around it?

cut the wire, and swap the 2 positive leads and braid them back together (braid the negative back too) and tape them. the center and sub wire are the opposite of what they should be on the sub.

I know what your saying use a-bit of the wire on the working lead - truth is I can't be bothered, I'll just leave it like this, it is half-way out and works still so... Thanks anyways for helping I may try that one day If I'am really bored :), Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom