Soundblaster PC Equalizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

razman121

Baseband Member
i have just purchased a new sound card, nothing fancy, i got it so that i could get my 3-D audio back due to problems i had with my on board soundcard, it only cost £1 :D
it works great and sounds good with the 3-D audio bgack but the problem i am having is i would like to be able to use an eaqualising console similar to the on board sound effects manager (AC97 Audio Configuration Manager) as i like to change the settings and add bass e.t.c , the problem is, i cant use this because when i do, the audio played through the new soundcard isnt effected.
is there any way of setting this program to controll my Creative Soundblaster PCI Coundcard? and if not are there any good free equalizer programs out there?
thank you in advance for all assistance people, its greatly appreciated ;)

hmmm, i use windows media player and cant find any equalizer setting in there :S are there any freeware packages?

I use winamp as my main media player, and it has a built in eq, although i don't use it much since i need to have flat natural sound for when i mix or track. Wmp has it as well.

One word about using any type of equalizer. Try to take away instead of add. That is really the best way to get things sounding right, even at louder volumes.

Ya I know. Let me put it like this. Instead of trying to add more bass, try lowering everything around it.

OMG!!! WHO ARE YOU?!?!? AN ANGEL!??!

Sorry - I was an angel too. Doesn't work. You'll rip your own wings off eventually and start to ponder your own audio knowledge as some posts will actually make you think you are more stupid than you are.

Subtractive EQ is the best way about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom