soundblaster audigy gamer no detection windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kLAte

Beta member
So my western digital harddrive crashed, (it made a ticking sound and WD.com said it was defective) so i bought a new harddrive (maxtor 7200 RPM 133 80GB) and i reinstalled windows xp PRO build 2600 SP-1. Everything is going good. Now last time when i first put on windows xp, i actually had the sound card setup disk and everything was cake. It installed the drivers and so forth, now, windows detects a multimedia device and a pci device, but i cant get the soundcard to install, ive downloaded drivers from soundcarddrivers.com , soundblaster.com they just dont do shit, and windows has the yellow exclimation mark in device manager (see pictures below). So now my question is, im tempted to go buy a whole new fucking sound card, but i want to make sure and see if i can fix this problem before spending out 150$ on a new one (with an installation cd...): reminder: nothing has been changed since i reinstalled windows xp and i havent switched any cords or anything since the last time it worked, i even changed pci slots and it does the same thing.

dm.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated and save me 150$ for a new sound card!

Sincerely
JUSTIN

Um....If you still have a warranty, then get on SB's @$$ about it...tell them you simply misplaced your load cd's and need new ones. The most you'll hafta do is pay s & h......outside of that (since you said your drivers are updated) I would suggest trying the sound card on a homies computer, cause it could be damaged.

do u have other things plugged into other pci slots that work?
maybe its not the card but the pci slots or controller that arent working properly and need the correct drivers or something, and like it was mentioned maybe u damaged it taking it out of the slot and putting it back in, maybe but i doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom