Sound Vanished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inflames

Baseband Member
Greetings all,

I just bumped into a weird and annoying issue.

A blackout happened in the area where I live so the computer shut down suddenly, after I turned it on again and logged into Windows (xp-pro-sp2), sound was gone!

I've checked all the drivers/devices and everything is running properly, however the sound itself, and volume icon/control were gone, and even through the control panels "Sound and Audio Devices" I can't edit or change anything...

I've entered BIOS and Audio devices were enabled, so it's not there.

I've tried uninstalling the sound driver, restarting, reinstalling, but didn't fix it... it gave me
"Please go to the control panel to install and configure system components."
Went into add/remove style of installing programs, did it.. but still the sound didn't return.

DXDiag Showed "No soundcard detected" :S so I'm lost.

Ps- i'm using a motherboard built in soundcard >_<

So I dunno what exactly to do, the 'system devices' shows no errors with the devices, and I've tried what I mentioned...

Any other ideas? (Other than system restore or formating T_T)

Thanks in advance.

You can say that, but you didn't try the speakers on a different computer. Try that first, then, if you still have problems, come back. Also, try different speakers on the computer that has no more sound.

The speakers are fine, I tried them on a laptop.

But again:
No volume control icon.
Uneditable/Changable sound settings. (Sound and Audio Devices)
No hardware errors in device manager.
DXDiag shows "no soundcard detected".
Motherboard Audio device option enabled.
And no sound at all.

It's something to do with software messing up I think... or probably the built in soundcard died, but I think it would harm the whole mother board which still seems to be working normally.

Confusing....

Yea... it seems as though your onboard "chip" is dead. You'll have to get a new souncard. If this is a laptop you are talking about, then you can still buy a new card, it will just have to be a PCMCIA card which goes in an expansion slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom