Sound Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
Whats up everyone, never been on the forums for some time now, you guys would usually see me in the hardware troubleshooting topic. Nice new look by the way for the forum.

Anyways i bought this 7.1 surround sound just recently its by Panasonic 1200watts. The sound quality for movies is amazing and for video games but the only down side of it is when i play mp3 music files, the bass is very low and not much of a 1200watt sound. I ask my DJ friend chad what i could do and he said just edit the file to 320kps or 129kps should be good, i also made the bass for the songs a bit higher then normal but when i burn on a cd and play it, the sound is still the same. Can anyone help me on this? I want the true 1200watt BASS to get some really good sounds. So far my logitech 400watt 2.1 speakers sound better then the panasonic i bought haha... any help would be fine.

Thanks
Stevo808

The system you bought probably does not have a 1200watt subwoofer. It probably has about a 100-200watt unit for a sub. Can you provide some kind of link that shows the model?

You should only be hearing music from the Left, Right and sub. If you are hearing from all 7.1, then you aren't listening correctly which is why it sounds bad. Listen to it in stereo or 2.1 and you'll be just as impressed.

1200watts means absolutely nothing. I have a 200watt amp that will make your ears bleed (I measured it with ear pads on). That "1200watts" is divided up 8 ways. So, you're luck to get 100 actual watts.

yes, the 1200 watts... hopefully its not the MAX POWER too... but try tweaking the track or something... if possible add an Equalizer... im not sure if u can integrate it to an HTIB though... theres some way to solve this issue... i've seen it somewhere before but it was a while back.

Thanks for the replys guys. My bad it is the 5.1 version, that best buy site showing the specs kinda shows that the watt of the subb aint that powerfull. But it could atleast sound better for music, i just edited some mp3 files and adjusting the EQ but still the same sound. I guess this sound system is just made for movies, but i still like it. Guess ill stick with my Logitech speakers for music quality.

Stevo808

Ok changing an MP3 from 128kbps to anything higher will not change anything. It will do nothing but lower the quality. Converting a lossy format to the same or another lossy format will always result in a quality drop.

Wattage means next to nothing. As stated, make sure you are listening in 2.1.

Wattage means next to nothing. As stated, make sure you are listening in 2.1.

We can't stress this enough... music (unless in SACD format) is NOT FOR 5.1/7.1 LISTENING!!! I repeat... is not! for 5.1/7.1 listening

This ends our public service announcement

music isnt meant to be listened to in surround sound mode but it definetly is enveloping. I suggest a quick test of your music in stereo/2.1 mode and try and see if that satisfies you enough. you may catch the beauty and sensitivity stereo may offer, instead of sound being sprayed in 5 different directions.
Good luck with your quest young padawan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom