Sound problems - Ringing and popping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladykiller

Beta member
8 Hi, I'm new to this place, so bear with me here.

I got a new computer in late December, an e machine, with a realtek audio driver. I noticed when I first got it that when I play music, I hear a popping noise every once in a while. I also have this relentless ringing noise in the background coming from my computer, I've tried two different pairs of speakers, and headphones, and in all 3 it still continues. The ringing seems to quiet down when I play music but it's still there. You can't sit in silence with headphones on without wanting to stab your ears out.

I've gone into the volume options and changed just about everything I could. I also have a default Sound Effect Manager program installed with the computer and I messed around with that every way imaginable as well. I have a feeling it has something to do with the driver itself or something, but I'm not quite the computer genius and I've asked quite a few people and they've led me up to where I am now. I'm sorry if I'm not being very specific and if there's anything you need to know just ask.

Thanks for your time.

2 big problems here: E-machines and integrated sound. It's just not the greatest combination. If you have a free PCI slot, you can buy a new soundcard that'll sound much better and be mostly noise-free for under $50, easy. you could try reinstalling the sound card drivers but i doubt thatll help

molsen said:
2 big problems here: E-machines and integrated sound. It's just not the greatest combination. If you have a free PCI slot, you can buy a new soundcard that'll sound much better and be mostly noise-free for under $50, easy. you could try reinstalling the sound card drivers but i doubt thatll help

Yes, reinstalling is one thing I did try, and you're right, it didn't do jack.

Hmmm, I'll have to check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom