sound issues driving me nuts !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap0plectic

Beta member
I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard coupled with the Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 speaker system .. Now I have tried installing the audio drivers that came with the motherboard CD for the nForce 2 chip on it. Unfortunately, the so 5.1 support for that sucked ass and I couldn't hear proper channeling in all the speakers. After that I went to Nvidia's website to download the audio drivers for the nForce platform (and there were two versions of that on the website) .. I downloaded the nForce audio driver with these details listed:

nForce Audio Driver - Windows XP / 2000

Version: 4.62
Release Date: August 23, 2005
WHQL Certified

Driver Versions

* Audio driver 4.62 (WHQL)
* Audio utilities 4.51
* Installer 4.78

That seemed to fix the issue concerning 5.1 speaker settings and the audio output was pretty slick with proper channeling .. But le and behold! my mic stopped working .. I then went to the Asus website and downloaded the nvidia audio swap utility (BETA) and that got the mic working .. however I would really like to get a permanent fix to this dilemma ..

I simply can't figure out which driver package would work best .. Nvidia has two drivers listed for the nForce and Asus also has something going on their end and they claim that those drivers are newer then the ones on the nvidia website .. gross inefficiences are the order of the day it seems ..

HAALP ppl !

look on your audio chip and make sure that isn't a realtek chipset and not a nvidia. I had problems on that same mobo (I'm pretty sure it was that mobo. I sold that computer) with installing the nvidia driver when it required the realtek and it was pretty easy to get confused because sound would work and it was easy to assume that the nforce chipset included the sound card driver

I just look at the computer that I sold to be sure. sorry, wrong mobo. you have the soundstorm which is the nvidia chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom