Sound Input Issue...Desperate For Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tboy25

Beta member
Hello everyone. This is my first post here and I desperately need help with this sound related issue.

I have a Soyo motherboard SY-KT600 DRAGON Plus v2.0, with sound onboard which is C-Media AC97. The processor is Athlon 2900+ with 256 memory and running Windows XP Pro.

The problem I am experiencing is a new one that I've never heard of. I am currently trying to convert my cassettes to CD using the sound input device. Whenever I start recording, there is a feature built into this sound card that creates either noise-reduction or fade-in feature. Everytime a song starts the recording creates a fade-in and then decreases volume when the song has a break or beats get lower. Either way it's causing volume fluctuation throughout the songs and it's getting on my nerves as I can't find anywhere to disable this feature. Can someone PLEASE help me.

Yes, I do have the latest drivers for the card.

Hi, I'm sorry I can't exactly help with you problem, but I just bought that sound card and I was wondering if you have surround sound on yours? If so, how can I get mine to work? I'm having a lot of tourble with it, and yes I installed the dirvers that came with it. Only the front speakers are working.

tboy25 said:
Hello everyone. This is my first post here and I desperately need help with this sound related issue.

I have a Soyo motherboard SY-KT600 DRAGON Plus v2.0, with sound onboard which is C-Media AC97. The processor is Athlon 2900+ with 256 memory and running Windows XP Pro.

The problem I am experiencing is a new one that I've never heard of. I am currently trying to convert my cassettes to CD using the sound input device. Whenever I start recording, there is a feature built into this sound card that creates either noise-reduction or fade-in feature. Everytime a song starts the recording creates a fade-in and then decreases volume when the song has a break or beats get lower. Either way it's causing volume fluctuation throughout the songs and it's getting on my nerves as I can't find anywhere to disable this feature. Can someone PLEASE help me.

Yes, I do have the latest drivers for the card.

use musicmatch to record it

skapunk3807 said:
Hi, I'm sorry I can't exactly help with you problem, but I just bought that sound card and I was wondering if you have surround sound on yours? If so, how can I get mine to work? I'm having a lot of tourble with it, and yes I installed the dirvers that came with it. Only the front speakers are working.

control pane, sounds and audio devices, speaker setting, click advance

you can know change you speaker options. there an easier way with cmedia, but I don't remember it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom