Sound has gone wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinator9

Baseband Member
I have had sound problems for a while but have been able to fix it all the time. Sometimes the sound would just stop playing, i had to reinstall the Microsoft kernel player or something so it would work again. I did that recently and the sound started working again but something went wrong. The re installation worked but the PC doesn't register the kernel player (it is nowhere to be seen), and I can't adjust the sound settings/volume (I can only if I go into control panel and click sound devices and then change it) and my keyboard volume buttons that did work don't now and there is no little icon for the speakers in the task bar.

What is a vista driver? Do you mean do I have windows vista OS on my pc? I have Windows XP and it says it is illegal...

All is well. I don't know what happened but all is working now... (still no sign of kernel player though)

It seems that this has happened again. This time there is no microsoft kernel player, just audio wave. I go into hardware and it ways all of the devices are working properly. I again tried the plugs and all of that is working, the speakers fcrackle when the plug is pulled in and out. Could anyone have any ideas because I am out of them.

onboard sound? If so, it's crapping out (like they always do). Fix? Soundcard.

If you have a soundcard, try reseating the card in the PCI slot, then also try putting it into another slot. There may be some serious IRQ issues going on.

I would suggest remove your soundcard completely then restart and let windows find it. Then reinstall all drivers. That should fix your problem. Windows always likes fresh stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom