sound has decreased

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelard

Beta member
i recently reinstalled windows xp hoem edition on my comp and eversince my speaker volume has decreased and is not close from what it used to be...u can barely hear some audio files? all my volume tabs are set to maximum and still the sound is very low...... does anyone know how to fix this???

what about the volume in whatever software you use to play the audio files, is it all the way up too?

also are you sure that "all" of the tabs are set to maximum? things arent always as they seem,in volume control goto options-->properties..

the software volume is all the way up and all the tabs i can control are set to maximum, the same way they used to be before the re-installment, but still the volume is very weak

maybe its the driver, get a newer driver or an older if your alredy using the latest , have you messed with the speaker connections recently? also its possible the speakers suddenly went bad

its not the speakers because i have tried switching but it mite be the driver. where can i install or find a new driver??

kelard said:
its not the speakers because i have tried switching but it mite be the driver. where can i install or find a new driver??

Well is it a sound card or onboard sound?

What model sound card? What model motherboard?

i tried installing realtek AC97 and it improved the overall sound and settings so the driver was the problem. does anyone know any other good or better drivers which i could install?/

i guess only ppl who had expirence with older drivers and that specific motherboard (whatever it is) will be able to tell, so if your satisfied stick with the current driver if not then try the older ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom