Sound deteriorating on a Youtube File

BlueRealta

Beta member
Hi! I'm new to these forums and I'm posting on behalf of a friend.
Some of the audio on his older videos are beginning to deteriorate, and play static on-and-off throughout the video. This is happening on his computer, and somehow the problem made it's way to them on youtube as well.

It's not his microphone. The static did not exist when he originally recorded the video, and it did not exist when he uploaded it. The video played just fine on youtube for two years before it had this problem now. Even when he goes to edit the uploaded file on youtube, it plays fine, but then the static returns when he saves it.

This is happening to the file both on youtube AND on his computer. What's going on?

Here's a video with deteriorated audio.
Wait... WHAT? (Fire Emblem) - YouTube

Hi! I'm new to these forums and I'm posting on behalf of a friend.
Some of the audio on his older videos are beginning to deteriorate, and play static on-and-off throughout the video. This is happening on his computer, and somehow the problem made it's way to them on youtube as well.

It's not his microphone. The static did not exist when he originally recorded the video, and it did not exist when he uploaded it. The video played just fine on youtube for two years before it had this problem now. Even when he goes to edit the uploaded file on youtube, it plays fine, but then the static returns when he saves it.

Sadly but that is youtubes new encoder and codecs they used when uploading and "refixing" said video files.
If it was working fine 2 years ago and you come back to it messed up thats youtubes issue.
There might be one forum who could help but I know some of lead mods would have a tough time figuring that one out. o0
http://www.videohelp.com/
Video Streaming

You can register if you want, choice is up to you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom