Sound Card is working, but no sound is coming out of my TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Every time I plug my Media Center (see sig) into my TV, I get Picture on my TV, but I don't get any sound until I start playing around with the sound controls. About the only way that I manage to get the sound to finally show up is to be playing a sound or a movie file in the back ground. I then go into the sound card sound properties, turn the sound down. And from there I finally get sound.
Some time I need to turn off and on the TV a few times too or change channel.

I find that i get this problem on a few TVs. My TV is a Konka. And it about 6 years old. However i got my freind's rear projection TV that he purchase last year, and the same thing happens there. In fact I some thing don't get any sound coming out all all.

Now there is nothing wrong with the cable. And they are plugged into the right wholes.

Before we are blaming the sound card, I have all tryied 3 sound card.
1. On board Realtek AC'97
2. Sound Blaster Live 5.1 (Model SB0060)
3. Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS

The sound card is connected directly to my TV's RCA via 3.5 ST PLUG-2 x RCA PLUG cable. And I have changed them too.

And I know that I am getting sound every time I plug head phone or speakers directly into the sound card.

Why is the computer/tv doing this?

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem permamently as i would like to just be able to turn on the my media center and get sound with out any screwing around in the sound or TV Controls?

I would like to avoid having to plug my Media Centre into seperate speakers as I don't have the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom