Sound Card vs Integrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the price range, it would be pretty hard to find a card of that caliber. Maybe used, but most of the really good pro audio cards are more expensive than the gamer or multimedia cards.

I actually have dual sound cards, a pci X-FI card for headphone use and a usb mixer
which powers my monitors. External sound will give the best results, but comes in at a hefty price tag.

Okay, so in that case, we're back where we started... leaving the whole "man just get a pro audio recording card!" argument void..

Awesome.

Exactly what i said guru, and when i made the first statement i was unaware about the ops situation, i had forget he was running a linux distro...my fault.

if its the sound quality for music and not the effects, say for games, why not have your computer hooked up to an actual stereo? Then you have have a fairly low signal output from your computer keeping a fairly low buz and stops the clippin, then use your stereo to amplify the signal and use the graphic eq on the stereo as most have one. That is asuming you have a fairly good stereo :D
that way u dnt go out spending rediculus amounts of a new sound card?

Oreo and ricanflow. it looks like you addressed the issue.

ste2425 don't ever confuse onboard sound with a sound card. they could never put a high quality sound card on a mobo without adding 200 bucks to the costs of it. it's cheaper to buy an external sound card

onboard sound don't even do true 16 bits. they do fake 16 bits. lots of them do 8 bits. their signal to noise ratio are severely low and their distortion ratio is too high

or just use a digital out and use an external DAC and amp. That's the best way for audiophile quality. It's what my next setup will be, although I am going to build both the DAC and headphone amp

onboard digital out distorts. they hook it up after the processing and not before like they are suppose too.

Exactly what i said guru, and when i made the first statement i was unaware about the ops situation, i had forget he was running a linux distro...my fault.

Even still, I'm happy with the significant upgrade the card I got offered. Movies bring a whole new sense of enjoyment now.

You can never tell a man with audio equipment it doesn't sound amazing untill he's herd better, right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom