Sound Card Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR PINK BALLS

Solid State Member
Hi My freind is haveing some trouble with his sound.The problem is anytime we use a voice communication program such as ventrillo or teamspeak or xfire just a few we have tried he hears the person speaking to him just fine but the person speaking to him hears every sound his computer makes such as say hes playing a game they will hear every sound in the game as if his sound is directly linked to ther computer.This makes it very hard to talk and the other problem is when you speak to him you hear yourself speaking because its going into his sound and directly coming back into your speakers this is windows xp home edition and i belive it just standard 7.1 audio any replies would be appreciated. Thanx

Are you using a headset?

If yes

Then, try going into your sound card control panel! Make sure that "Stereo Mix" is NOT selected instead, make sure that just "Mic" is selected.

Lemme know if this works.

Okay well this sounds like some relivant information but im allitle unclear when you say sound card controll panel.How do you get to this control panel.Is it just startmenu control panel/sound and audio devices because i looked ther and coulden find anything.Thanks

Well, you can go into your Control Panel and make sure you switch to "Classic View" And than your Sound Control Panel should be there! There should be an icon

Like there is an icon in mine, its called "Creative Sound Blaster" and if you click on it and bring your to your sound control panel.

Only thing i can find is realteck HD sound effect manager and thers nothing in ther but ways to balance your speakers

And yes we are using headsets

We have tried alot of programs but now we pretty much use teamspeak and vetrillo and xfire but they all do the same thing

Get ur friend to follow this (assuming it is Windows XP)

control panel >> sound and audio devices >> tab: Audio >> pane: sound recording >> hit Volume button >> hit Options >> Select Properties >> hit Recording. Here he should make sure he has ticked microphone and NOT stereo mix.

That should be it.

Well i tried everything you guys said and more i even did a authorized overide and looked at it myself i just cant get it to work :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom