Sound card shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernabog

Baseband Member
Oh, how I am frustrated.

I've been surfing newegg for a bit now, found some nice video cards and such. I'm building a new computer, so ya. I have a band, we record some songs. Sadly, I have but an onboard sound card, and it's back from '97, so it's pretty crappy. I'm trying to find a new one, but Newegg has nothing but mixed reviews. I'm trying to find one for less than $100, a PCI, with the best sound quality for the price.

Any recommendations?

Oh, by the way, my name's Monty. Hello there.

Monty...are you telling me that you want to do multi channel Hard Disk recording or just play back. If it is just playback then go for the Creative labs Audigy. If you are looking to do multi track Hard Disk recording, I'll give you some advice but you won't like the cost!!!

M-Audio Audiophile 2496

I use one and it's low latency and high quality sound. It's simply the best for single track recording :)

I can live with single-track recording. If you can name some of the cheaper multi-track soundcards, I'll check them out, and see the possibility. I'm most likely going to have to limit myself to a single-track, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom