sound card recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crysalis said:
Audigy 2 ZS. Bottom line.

You must have forgot creative have released a new card for fanboys to blindly call the best.

Also what's an "audio engineer" doing with a consumer soundcard like yours?

no comment on x-fi... there was already a debate about it.

What am I doing with an audigy? Whats so bad about it? I dont use that computer for recording... i dont use it for anything major in audio work either. It sounds just as good as any "high-end" card. Most audio is 16 so what does it matter anyway? Very few things are in 24 bit and the audigy 2 handles 24bit. Why do I need something outrageous for a personal computer? If i want to, the computer in my sig spits out 24 tracks of audio with no problem. It will also RECORD 24 tracks. If you think 24 isn't enough, then you need to re-think your audio skills. If you can't produce an album or what not on 24 tracks, you haven't gotten very far.

I've got enough "high-end" stuff... why do i need to spend more money on something i dont need?

Also... dont try to humiliate me. Ever since I've stated I like the audigy better than any other "consumer soundcard" you've got to try and catch me like i'm stupid or something. Not everyone is as "pro" as you... with your ASIO drivers and all. WOOP DE FREAKIN DOO!! ASIO!! omgZz!11! He is teh r0x0rZ!!1!1!! Why would he need ASIO drivers? Big deal! Why does everyone need the audiophile 24/96?! For a personal/gaming computer, who the tarnation is going to use it for what its meant for? Why not save your money and buy something that will work just as good? The ZS supports EAX (big deal), it has 7.1 capabilities, its 24bit compatible...what more do you need for gaming? After that, it all depends on speakers. I think people are getting the quality of the soundcard mixed up with the quality of the speakers.

IMHO get the audigy 2 zs or the x-fi thing. Either one will make you more than happy for the money.

ASIO are important to professional applications beacuse their low latency and what most applications prefer.

Anyways where does an 18 year old get to be an "audio engineer"

this how you pick a sound card

X-fi sound card. the so called best one.... well, if you have a caviar taste for peanuts, get it.

otherwise it serves no useful purpose and it is nothing but peanuts with hot sauce thrown on top. it might seems better to some people, but it's really the same thing (because you can go to the store and buy your own hot sauce and peanuts, i.e. EQ, instead of paying 10 times the price of the peanuts with an appetizer thrown on it, )

if you use a card for professional recording - Get one with no or low latency like m audo or digital designs

for everyday basic listening, any decent reputable external soundcard will do

For audiophile like and other listenings habits like dvd audio and SACD get a real 24bit soundcard like the audigy series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom