Sound card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

trombaham

Beta member
I have a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card I've used happily and successfully for years. Recently, I did an OS reload, Windows XP and ever since then I get a lot of static and interference with the sound quality, for instance when playing music and then performing virtually any other operation on the computer. I have the latest drivers installed, in fact have uninstalled and reinstalled them several times, even trying the old version I used to use successfully. I have also followed troubleshooting suggestions from the FAQs on the manu's website.

This problem makes it virtually impossible for me to enjoy the sound experience on my computer any longer. Does any one have any other suggestions I could try? It's as if ANYTHING the processor performs messes up the sound quality temporarily and intermittently. I'm a pretty high level user, build my own systems, etc.

Thanks in advance, Chuck

Welcome to T.F.!
First I would check to see if onboard sound is enabled in BIOS, if there is any. The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that the cards IRQ is conflicting. You can try changing it manually or try moving the sound card to a different PCI slot. I would recommend try moving the card first as to not reassign the IRQ to something elses and have the same problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom