Sound Card and MP3 Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
In recent events, I lost about $300 worth of music CDs on the bus 2 weeks ago. I am a little pissed about that as half of them where imports. :(

Now I am planning to back up my CD into MP3 format.

Will the quality of my sound card effect the recording quality of my MP3 recording? I will be recording the MP3 directly from my DVD drive on my computer.

Sorry to hear that
you sure have the space to back up all the music you want
i lost all my dvds and some of them i cant find any more (good old anthony queen's movies ) he's from chihuahua mexico where i was born
*be safe , be sorry but never be caught

Well, I am glad that I did not bring my PzychoB!tch : Master Of Myself CD along with me that day (Like I do every other day), that would of been a real killer for me.

BTW, can any one recomend me some MP3 making software so I can convert from CD to MP3.

I would like to stick to MP4 format as my stereo system can read them too.

first, there are millions of disc to file ripping programs out there (i.e. windows media player, musicmatch) so take your pick, i like www.download.com for some.
second, to answer your initial question, your sound card shouldn't affect the sound quality since you're ripping from cd to file directly, not mic-ing anything.
hope i helped

CSw3190 ...is absolutely rite about the sound card bit ... N' as for the Ripping part ....There are ton's out there .. Personally i would suggest Winamp with the cd rippin' plugin , Nero's buit in Audio ripper is also pretty good .. N' another great one is MMJB

the sound card won't change the quality of the recording, but it will effect the playback quality (but only a true audiophile will notics). I use the MP3 plugin for Win MediaPlayer 9. Just remember to record at the highest bitrate you can fit onto your hard drive. 192 has been good for me.

iTunes (the only good thing to come from Apple, and *surprise, surprise*, it's even FREE) can record MPEG4 audio (the actual files are *.aac)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom