Sound Card Driver on XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck

Beta member
Hey everyone!

I'm having a problem installing my sound card driver on XP. I used to use Windows 98 SE and it always worked fine on that.
What it does is, after I install it and go to restart, before the login screen it'll go black for 5-10 minutes until the login screen finally appears. It did this when I first installed XP and it got to a point where it would just restart and not login at all. So I formated and put up with the black screen thing for about a month until it started doing it again, resulting in a second format.

I know it's the sound card driver because everything works fine before I install it then it stuffs up after it's installed.

I use a Genius Sound Maker Value Series V1.1 5.1 sound card and a AsRock P4VT8+ motherboard.

Thank you in advance for any help at all.

EDIT: I'd also like to add I'd be happy with my motherboards onboard sound too. I've tried enabling it in BIOS but it seems to need more than that. I tried downloading the audio driver from AsRocks website also but it said that I "don't have the C-Media chip" when I attempted installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom