Sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
better to go with onboard audio...only applies if you have new mobos with fancy hd audio of course :D

but to each their own...

like I said...all depends, lol ;)

current new gen onboard audio is just as good as separates, the only real gain being in % of cpu cycles not being used if you go with externals, so you might gain some cpu cycles but at the expense of using more overall system resources. There is no real discernible difference to the ear with these things.

much like 24bit and 32bit color...etc...you might be able to tell the difference, but chances are slim. It's a perception thing.

Anybody else use only the onboard audio? - Techgage.com
AnandTech: Doom 3 Sound Guide
AnandTech: Winter Audio Reference: On-Board, Consumer, and Pro Solutions

and you could find lots of other comparisons, opinions and breakdowns to form your own. That and I also vowed to never buy or support (in sales, I never pushed a creative product on people) Creative products when I had to pay to buy my drivers from them. Of course this was back in the day of Soundblaster 16 and I'm sure they don't do that now...but wouldn't really know :D

again, each their own ;) I love my 975bx onboard

If you are picky about sound then a sound card is much better than onboard sound.

You don't "need" it, but openAL DOES give you an edge over other players in FPS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom