Sound Blaster Xtreme X-fi PCI-e and Windows 7. Optical sound not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
EDIT: I Fixed it.

Just installed w7 pro. When I had Vista I had this great audio console launcher that I could go into and test my speakers, set my mic up, select my audio source, etc. It was awesome and worked great. I would select my optical sound and use that for my Xbox.

So basically I have a 2.1 Logitech speaker setup for my PC and I use them and my PC for my Xbox360 sound. It worked just fine in Vista.

Now I cannot get this console launcher in w7. The console launcher that installs is a POS frankly. I cannot get my optical sound back.

Any help would be great.

EDIT:

Why does this always happen to me? LOL I will try and try stuff then if it doesn't work I come here and post up. Then I try one more thing and it works. So I posted this almost for nothing. However I am sure others will find this helpful so will post up my solution.

w7 will install the drivers and this horrible audio console launcher:

pos_launcher.jpg

However this is the one I wanted to use. After looking all over the internet for it and finding nothing I finally pulled out the original disc just for kicks to see if it would install. Sure enough it did! It allowed me to select my optical sound and now my Xbox has sound once again!

Here is the CORRECT Audio Console Launcher:

console_launcher.jpg

I remember when I installed my sound drivers, I had to install in compatibility mode for Win7, as well as run as admin (if I remember right, anyway). Everything worked fine right away for me then.

I went to creative's web site and got one for win 7 which look better to me for my X-Fi XtremeMusic
Image1-7.jpg

It depends what you download, i think you can download the basic programme, or like the full thing which is the one in the first thread that looks fancy.

The last one posted is identical, its just in a less flashy form.

Here is mine in xp for my xtreme audio

untitled-8.jpg

Alters everything and is very easy to use. Strange how mine is called "console" and your two is "panel" hahah

well the one that downloaded automatically when I installed w7 did not have all the options I needed to make it function properly. There is a option on the second one I posted a image of where you can select the optical input. There is no option for that in the "less flashy" one! :)

well the one that downloaded automatically when I installed w7 did not have all the options I needed to make it function properly. There is a option on the second one I posted a image of where you can select the optical input. There is no option for that in the "less flashy" one! :)

Ahh ok.

I like to set my xfi cmss 3d to "stereo surround" and set the crystalizer up abit, makes the sound come alive on my logitech x530's:thumbsup:

P.s when i tried w7 i installed the w7/vista drivers and had the console etc with all the settings, but the 2 rears(5.1) sound was out of sync, like 1/2 seconds slower than the fronts, made it sound rubbish! works perfectly in xp though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom