Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio: Games mess up my sound...(Vista 32bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiDrIoT69

In Runtime
I noticed this started happening every once in a while, now it happens constantly. I start up my alienware laptop, and go to play Warcraft III, and once it loads the game, and the sound starts, its all messed up. It sounds really scratchy and crappy. So i quit the game, and everything that has sound sounds scratchy, until i restart it.

How the **** do fix this trash? I tried to update the driver, but the sound goes away completely. I have to roll back the driver to get sound, but with the updated driver, i get sound in the Audio Console, but not anything else.

BTW im using Vista 32bit.

Need to find a updated driver. The X-Fi cards are known to be troublesome on Vista.

When i update the driver, the sound disappears completely, and can only hear sound while testing it in the audio console.

They should have the drivers available thru the site. Dont get the most recent ones get the batch beofre them. See if they help. If not you will haev to contact Creative support or hope someone has them thru google. I am not even sure which biuld to get as i havent kept up on the Creative build numbers. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom