Sound Blaster Live! Recording problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griggs2121

Baseband Member
I just bought a new computer and I'm trying to get this all set up the way I want it. I had a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 sound card in my old computer that I thought I would put into the new one.

The only real reason I want it is for recording purposes, it allows for the "Mic Boost +20db" which my onboard Realtek HD doesn't allow. (If you know how I can increase my mic recording w/o using my sound blaster card at all, that would be easiset, and yes all the volumes are turned up to their highest.)

So I wanted to use Sound Blaster Live for recording and my onboard for everything else. Its very complicated, but if I disable my onboard sound and use Sound Blaster for everything, I loose my front headphones jacks, which I really like.

Ok, so the problem is for some reason I can't get Sound Blaster to record. If I try to record with anything else its works (quietly) Using Sound Blaster as my soundcard for everything else, its works fine, I can hear everything, but it won't record. Funny eh, the one thing I wanted it for.

I'm using a USB mic. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chad

You can't use more than one audio device at a time. You need to disable the onboard sound and use the soundblaster, or vice versa.

thats bad news. well I guess I'll just use the onboard. whats the AK5370. All that seems to do is audio. The Realtek HD does everything (this is the onboard stuff I'm talking about) It looks, in my settings as if its different than the Realtek HD. Just curious.

that may be true, but I doubt I'd ever be able to tell the difference. And like I said, I really like the headphone jacks in the front. I dont' suppose there is a way to get that to work when using SoundBlaster. I do a lot of changing between my speakers and headphones, and this makes it very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom