sound blaster live 24 bit internal and logi x-530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Hello,

Play some stereo music while you do this...

Go back to the EAX Console and go to the CMSS 3D settings. On the right you should see a stereo focus leveler. Make sure it's at 0% to shift the surround sound audio to the centre, or to a level of your preference...but not at -100% or +100% (because this will shift the surround sound focus entirely to the front or to the left).

If you've already done that, try switching to CMMS 2 or Stereo Surround. They provide better overall, centre focussed surround sound upmix of stereo sources than the CMSS setting does.

If you've done all that already, then try checking your speaker volume levels in the Surround Mixer (accessible from Creative in the start menu, or right click the creative icon in the taskbar tray to select it). Click the advanced tab, and make sure the volume level for all channels are set to the max.

If you still get an imbalance, and you're using WMP to play stereo music with the AC3Filter installed, go into the AC3Filter settings...

...As well as multichannel audio from DVDs, AC3Filter will handle audio from MP3 files, if set to handle MPEG audio in the settings. This means that AC3Filter settings will affect how the audio from MP3 files are outputted to your speakers...

...Therefore, when playing MP3 audio files, it's best to either set AC3Filter to not handle MPEG audio in the settings in the System Tab or change the output to Stereo in the Main Tab. That way, AC3Filter will either not handle MP3 audio, or simply just recognise it and output it as a two channel, stereo source of audio (allowing the Creative CMSS settings to manipulate the audio). It can help to avoid conflicts.

When you want to watch a DVD with multichannel audio, however, make sure you switch AC3Filter output back to 5.1 Channels in Main Tab...if it is set to Stereo.

sorry 2 say this but i dnt knwo what u mean by the AC3 Filter, i cnt seem to find it, if you could explain wher eit is i would be greatful :D

i dnt need a full on discription just like in thsi place or so on lol.

thnx alot again for ur tremendous help :D

Re:

Ooops :rolleyes: :freak: lol...

...soz though I included a post about AC3Filter before...getting this thread confused with another very similar thread :) . Ignore the stuff about AC3Filter in the previous post.

Just to explain anyways, AC3Filter http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AC3_Filter.htm is just a multichannel audio decoder for multichannel audio from sources such as DVDs and MPEGs. Mainly for Windows Media Player...it is capable of decoding multiple channels of audio (for example 5.1), processing it and outputting it to a surround sound speaker system.

You don't need it though. But it's very useful if you watch surround sound DVDs because you can manipulate the audio.l

Sorry, got confused lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom