Sound Blaster Live 24 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one, I'll give that a go. I've just bought Oblivion and I'm having real troubles with it. The actual gameplay is fine, but it's the cut scenes. They stop and start like someone pressing pause on on a dvd player (video and sound). After about 8 hours of uninstalling drivers/programs, reinstalling them etc etc. I found that if I disconnected the sound card via the device manager Oblivion worked fine but obviously without sound. So I unplugged the SB card and swapped back to onboard sound and the same thing happened. I disconnected it via the device manger and Oblivion worked but no sound. I contacted the tech support line and they gave me a link to a new driver for the onboard sound card but it got about half way through installing it and crashed my machine. Now every time I turn on my machine it loads to the desktop and crashes. So I've had to disable it in the bios and I can now get to the desktop but with no sound. I'm just about to do a full system format and start again. I'm hoping this will sort out the problem with Oblivion and fingers crossed it might make a difference with the sound card. I will still try the volume cleaning and hopefully in a few hours I should have everything working. Windows is playing up aswell, I had a virus a few weeks ago and Windows hasn't been the same since. So all in all I think a reformat is probably the best thing right now. I'll post again once I ve formatted and let you know how things are. Once again many thanks to everybody who posted, see you on the otherside. LOL

The distortion thing has nothing to do with CMSS, its bad EAX support with the Live's. I had the exact same thing happen with my live as far as the sound distortion is concerned, espeically with sounds that were behind me. it just became quiet and muffled. UT2004, COD2, FEAR, BF2, all of them. Software sound sounded better, and crisper than EAX enabled with my Live. UT2004 was the worst, god did it sound horrendus in EAX. Once i got my X-Fi, all my problems were solved and sound becuase crisp and clear in all channels.

Its because Live's suck -period.

I'm Back.........................................LOL After reformatting nothing has changed. I have now uninstalled the SB card and have had to stick with 5.1 onboard at the moment until I can afford a decent card. I installed all the graphic, sound drivers etc etc. after the format and just put on Oblivion, just to check. I fired up Oblivion and everything is still the same, it's still like someone pressing pause and then play on a dvd player. As soon as I disable the sound card, it's fine!!. I bought the new Tomb Raider on Friday (btw it's excellent, a real treat!) and the sound was playing up on that aswell so I disabled the SB card and used the onboard sound and it plays fine. So I'm going to cut my loses and take the SB card outside, shoot it and set it on fire. It's a Piece of s**t!!! So I think the moral of this is, don't be a cheap skate like me and buy a decent sound card! LOL Many thanks to everybody who posted, all of your idea/suggestions were excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom