Sound bar recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
Ok here is my predicament and plan:

I live in a decent sized apartment, but noise transfers very well, especially bass. I want the best sound I can get WITHOUT running wires everywhere around my apartment. Enter: The sound bar.

I have looked at a few, and so far I am leaning towards the Vizio VSB200 sound bar which is on sale for $129 at Walmart right now. The reason being is that I have seen very positive reviews on this from many tech sites and user reviews. I want something that can make my HDTV audio (which happens to be Vizio, too, btw :p) and make it as close to 5.1 audio sound as possible. I know this bar features some great SRS technology that simulates virtual surround pretty gosh darn well. It has both SRS TruSurround HD and SRS TruVolume, which boosts voices over loud background sound and manages audio discrepancies between commercials and channel changes.

So what do you think? Is there any better options for me? I don't want a subwoofer, it will be too loud, and I don't want to spend $300+ on just a sound bar that actually has true 5.1 sound capabilities. So far I've heard that this sound bar has excellent Dolby Digital 5.1 playback, especially for its price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom