Sound 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've found my alternate Recording Device for my guitar amp..... i feel kinda dumb for not tryin this but my digital camera's movie function works excellently =D it does better justice to my 12 inch Celestion in my Line 6 Spider III Combo amp..... 30 watts of pure celestion is godly. Obviously this is my room amp. i plan on investing in a larger stage amp when i get "better".

I dont have proper recording equipment so i have to ghettofy everything.

I've heard of people blowing out headphones with extra loud volumes

How do you know if you're getting at that point?

Distortion. If your headphones are distorting, the longer they distort, the more damage you do. Sticking your finger through the cone would do less damage than distortion can do.

It kinda sounds like you've got a popping noise when you listen to it and i've also heard you loose alot of volume as well when you blow them out.

I am American and I can't agree with you more about how people SUCK at getting good sound. More and more "teenagers" are going around with crazy expensive systems that sound like the speaker is encased in a muffler or something, you can't understand a word they are saying or it's crackly and has a weird "feeling" to it.

When I go to a friends house I always here some idiot with "Great Speakers" in their car going off, it's cranked up with Bass and all I hear is rattling of glass, a muffled firecracker for the beat, and a resonance shock wave that makes me want to puke.

I HAVE been in a car with GREAT sound system, it was loud, clear, when the bass was up it didn't sound like it was in a muffler, and best of all, you could roll the windows up, turn it up, go 20ft away, and still hear the music like it was on volume 10 instead of volume 50. AND he could turn it down, and it would be soft and mellow, and still clear to listen to, like perfect background music. He knew what he was doing.. sadly.. he's dead now. -RIP buddy-

Now back to the topic, I want some kick A** sound for my PC, I am working with the section to get a good sound card, and I want to get some good speakers and sub, any recommendations?
Mostly game play for PC use, however I do like to record musics/sounds and mess with them, so good clear recordings will be a must as well as crisp clear sound.
I like to watch movies on my PC, and I would like to have "theater surround" for my sound, the crash on the screen needs to be felt through the whole house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom