Song Recognition for IPOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarchy

Daemon Poster
Like Lady Moderator Emily, I too have aquired a new IPOD. Well I got it to replace all the burned CD's I have. Anywho, I was wondering if their is a program that can detect the name of the song off the CD.

If I just copy the CD to my hard drive then it says,"Track 1, Track 2..." and so on.

Is there a program out there that identifies the song title so I can see what I am playing on my IPOD?

Does the name of the song even go on the CD when I burn it in the first place?

Not sure I remember all the songs, and renaming 200 songs will get annoying....Any more ideas fellas/gals?

well depending on the CD extracting program you're using, you might have the option of using CDDB information before you extract. p.e. EasyCD CD Extractor, when you insert a CD, it'll connect to the CDDB, and retrieve any info if available. then when you extract, the title and artist are automatically extracted as the filename or ID3 tags, in any format you want.

Correct .. i was gonna post the same thing .... If u have the original CD ..then while ripping it off use the CDDB service ...
This is for nameing the files ...

It's an awesome feature .... Later if u use soe new lyrics plugin for winamp .. it even embedds the lyrics on to the id3 tag

Real Player, Windows Media, and iTunes should all recognize the CD information when you insert it. However, this requires that you be connected to the internet and that the appropriate settings are enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom