Some Problems setting up my Gear. (microphone)

Argilus

In Runtime
So I've begun make a small recording set in the corner of my office (music, pod casts, vlogs) However, I've run into a dilemma recently with the complete purchasing of the hardware I would need for better vocal recording. There could be a loop hole here, that maybe I didn't catch so bear with me. Picked up these items last week online.

1)MXK 990 Microphone Condenser with Pop filter and mini boom desk stand.
2)Also a Light snake 10' Mic to Usb 3.0 cable.

All is well and put together, and I've even got the green lights flashing on opposite ends of the cables for power succession. Now…I can't seem to get any feed into the computer, at all. I'm usually capable setting up microphones and speakers, but is it something to do with audio programs instead? See, I'm use to using Goldwave for my recordings, but I've started (very recently) using Adobe Audition, and thought maybe I just needed to do the tweaking in there. Something tells me other wise though.

My gaming head set and speakers still work just fine, and I'fe tried getting this to work with them unplugged too.

Any idea's or suggestions on problem? Thanks. I'll be back in an hour or so, so if I don't reply I've headed out with the wife to the book store, and for some coffee.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom