So Should I Build My Speakers or do I have to buy them pre-made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you would usually spend money to match the quality. Kind of a common sense thing now...

Yes, I can spend $200,000 on a pair of Von Schwiekert's, but if i play a $5 cassette player through it, then yes that's dumb, but if you spend the money for just as good of a source, then its worthwhile.

Alright, so for $300 what should I buy? I was thinking about the Z5500's.. but I'm pretty sure that they suck.. I just really don't know any alternatives.

I do want surround sound, but then again I do want quality.

Amazon.com: JBL SCS180.6 Complete 6.1-Channel Home Cinema Speaker System: Electronics

this is exactly what i've got at home and it is the nicest system i've ever had. well worth it, great for gaming and movies.

of course you need a 6.1 digital receiver to make the most of this kit.

Which is this:
Amazon.com: Sony 6.1-Channel Dolby® Digital EX/DTS®-ES Receiver (Silver) (STR-DE895/S): Electronics

also, a great deal, even though its "sony" (I can hear the audiophiles sharpening their shivs now)

I got both on clearance or something at "Worst Buy" and only paid about $300 for BOTH the speakers and the system.

Nah-Nah, nany frickin booboo

Holy Mary mother of joseph and dale earnhardt jr!

It seems Bose just mastered the art of sound. I give you the Acoustic Wave Cannon. Yes... that is a 12' long tube with a 12" speaker with a 25hz @ 109dB SPL with 300w @ 8ohm RMS!!! HOLY WOW!!

305784.jpg

I'm gonna go dig my grave now.

Out of curiosity, I use some ancient Cambridge Soundworks 4.1 (or 5.1, it's 4 speakers+sub), and it sounds much better than my mum's £40 5 speakers+sub, her sub is so overpowering and the speakers are meager, they can't go loud without getting tinny. And I was considering upgrading a while ago :p I'm guessing it's a good idea I didn't?
Using onboard sound btw.

cambridge soundworks are good... ;)
Holy Mary mother of joseph and dale earnhardt jr!

It seems Bose just mastered the art of sound. I give you the Acoustic Wave Cannon. Yes... that is a 12' long tube with a 12" speaker with a 25hz @ 109dB SPL with 300w @ 8ohm RMS!!! HOLY WOW!!

305784.jpg

I'm gonna go dig my grave now.

WTF IS THAT !? They just reached a whole new level of lowness.

Let me just go get a spare drainage pipe and tape it over my Monitors, i'll report back on the sound quality :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom