Slow Burning Speeds with my Samsung DVD Burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden_Z

Baseband Member
When I first got that DVD burner it worked fine, but now it seems to take forever to encode and backup DVDs. Lately I've been using 8x Ritek DVDs and burning at maximum speed, it still takes 15 minutes to burn a full 4.4 GB disk; and encoding in programs like DVD shrink, takes much longer than it did when I first got it.

Has anybody got any idea what is wrong with my DVD burner?

Okay, how do I uninstall the ide drivers? And will I need to download and install new ones or will it do it automatically?

thanks for the help.

Hayden_Z said:
Okay, how do I uninstall the ide drivers? And will I need to download and install new ones or will it do it automatically?

thanks for the help.

secondary ide drivers in device manager. it will reload them when you reboot and it willl automatically enable dma on them

So, do I right-click the 'Secndary IDE channel' under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers in the device manager and click uninstall?

Is this the right one? I just don't want to stuff it up or anything: so I'm taking it slow and making sure.

Thanks for the help by the way.

Okay, I uninstalled the secondary IDE device and rebooted. It picked up the DVD burner again. I went into the device manager and looked at the advanced properties of the DVD burner, and it says:

DEVICE 0
Device type: Auto Detection. (this one I can't change)
Transfer Mode: DMA if available.
Current Transfer mode: Multi-Word DMA mode 2

DEVICE 1
Device type: Auto Detection.
Transfer Mode: DMA if available.
Current Transfer mode: Not Applicable.

----Are these settings correct?

this is better. try burning something

2dma.jpg

I can't put those settings: I can't change it to Ultra DMA mode 4 for the top one, and with the bottom one, I can't change the current transfer mode.

Should I try changing the Primary IDE settings rather than the secondary?

I'll try burning in the meantime.

Hayden_Z said:
I can't put those settings: I can't change it to Ultra DMA mode 4 for the top one, and with the bottom one, I can't change the current transfer mode.

Should I try changing the Primary IDE settings rather than the secondary?

I'll try burning in the meantime.

primary is for the harddrive(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom