Skullcandy headphone question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Hi, im looking at getting some skullcandy's for my ipod and like the 'lowrider' model. But im struggling to find any difference between these two for sale here

Play.com (UK) : Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones (Black / Silver) : Electronics - Free Delivery

Play.com (UK) : Skullcandy Lowrider DJ Headphones (Black/Gold) : Electronics - Free Delivery

Im wondering if there is any difference at all, and if I should pay the extra £15 or so for the more expensive ones. Can anyone elaborate for me?

Cheers

- Will

Hi, im looking at getting some skullcandy's for my ipod and like the 'lowrider' model. But im struggling to find any difference between these two for sale here

Play.com (UK) : Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones (Black / Silver) : Electronics - Free Delivery

Play.com (UK) : Skullcandy Lowrider DJ Headphones (Black/Gold) : Electronics - Free Delivery

Im wondering if there is any difference at all, and if I should pay the extra £15 or so for the more expensive ones. Can anyone elaborate for me?

Cheers

- Will

The DJ headphones have a better frequency response. That will deliver you a lower bass note, and give you higher highs. I would choose them, only because I would hear a difference if there wasn't a 20-100Hz frequency response.

So they'll be pretty good for use with an ipod then?

Thanks for the quick response btw.

Don't get them. They are a complete rip off, trust me. Bought the GI model, utter rubbish - the bass doesn't exist, and the rest of the frequency spectrum is just crap.

Get a good brand of headphones, Sennheisers HD280Pro's are the most reccomended around these forums, i can't remember there impedence though, it needs to be under around 60 for it to play OK on MP3 players.

I often say this, and once people have trusted me and done it they say thanks: Save up, and spend another £30 or £40 on quality headphones - you won't regret it.

The skullcandy headphones i got were complete crap... returned them right away

Impedance on the hd280pros is 64ohms....they work great on mobile players.

Maybe my PSP output is crap, because last time i checked 60Ohm headphones at max volume played at a below-average listening volume, but never the less tolerable.

These are just a fashion statement if anything. They aren't going to give you quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom