Shuttle -> TV poor graphics + how to record

Status
Not open for further replies.

saracen21

Beta member
Hi,

For fun just built a shuttle SK41G XPC. Idea is to use it to record tv, playback to tv, use internet on tv etc.

Spec: AMD XP 2400, 120GB HDD, 512 DDR Ram, Winfast TV2000XP expert TV card.

Problems:
The graphics are poor; writing is difficult to read on desktop for example, can I improve this? The max settings appear to be 800 x 600.

TV picture is patchy with some channels ok, others are very grainy. Obviously related to first problem.

Question:
Do I use the PVR to record and playback programmes? The instructions are soooo complicated and due to the poor graphics I can't read what I'm being told on the screen sometimes.

Finally a sound connectivity problem:
There is only i place on the mobo to plug in a sound lead. This is taken up by the sound lead from the tv card. How can I now connect audio from my DVD player? Is there a way of splitting the mobo audio point to allow more than one piec of hardware to plug in, or is there another solution.

Thanks for your help from an idiot.

you're not an idiot first of all.

second of all, just go ahead and buy a sound card, a cheap one and you'll solve that problem right there.

TV out.

Tv out isn't too bad if you have s-vhs in and out.rca isn't too great though.Not to bad for games.I give up on it.
ATI 9000 has s-vhs 1024x768 out if your tv has an input.Not 9000 pro.
That why i give up.
:angry:

t.v. only has a resolution of 720 x 480 so i think having it at 800 x 600 could make the picture too detailed for the tv

try bringing down the res

might work might not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom