Shopping for soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilt

Solid State Member
Hello.
I am planning a new system I will be building in the fall, and figured I would start with researching sound card.

What I have now is the SB Live Platinum, which has done ok, but I want to go slightly more professional than that. I have a budget of approx $350 CAD for the sound device, and have realized there are many options out there.

My main use for this system will be as a digital recording studio. I plan to record Guitar/bass directly from my effects processor into the sound card. All other instruments will be created using sequencing software. I will also do a small amout of gaming. I am not really interested in the big 6.1 surround sound used for movies and games.

My original idea was the Audigy 2zs, or the new Audigy 4. But now I realize there are MANY more cards dedicated to the type of hobby I have. I am hoping to have some input based on your experiences.

Thank-you
Neil

add $200 more and get an m audio with zero latency (for sound editing purposes).

Hmmmm... a sound card with as much processing power as a P4 3.4 ghz processor. Should be interesting. At what price, I wonder?

turtile said:
I'd wait for X-FI

That card has it's roots in gaming and not audio recording

For your price, M-Audio cards are probolly the best. Firewire 410, Audiophile 2496 ect

For that money, you should also be able to find a used Lynx One card, which are great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom