Separate audio for separate screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

haroldthesage

Baseband Member
I have recently hooked up my computer to my TV so that I now have two screens one normal computer screen, the other a TV, now I'm wondering how I set up my system so that every thing on the TV has it's own audio? By the way I'm running windows XP professional SP2.

So I can be doing my stuff while other people do their stuff. So I guess this means buying a separate computer and setting up Synergy.

I've done it.

Here is what I have:

My windows default audio device is my x-fi which I use for music, videos etc.
But for other apps I use onboard. For example I have musickube setup so that it uses onboard, the only thing hooked up to the onboard outputs are my headphones. So my headphones are always plugged in and i use them when I want to listen to music privately (with musickube) for everything else I use my speakers. I've even had different stuff playing on my headphones and speakers at the same time.

It works for me this way. Most programs including media players have settings to either use the windows default OR something else.

So all that is needed is more than one audio device in other words (onboard + sound card).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom