sennheiser earbuds produce little sound! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Computer Audio and Multimedia
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 110
Default sennheiser earbuds produce little sound!

Okay so I have been having these sennheiser earbuds for about a year now. I found a few days ago, they hardly produce any sound at all. Its mainly just a bunch of treble and mid, no bass or lows.

I notice on the 3.5mm plug, there are some slight scratches on it, do you think this could be causing some communication errors to be happening?
__________________

__________________
#teamdismay
xxdeadweightxx is offline  
Old 01-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Long Island, NY, USA
Posts: 881
Send a message via AIM to Ethan_Kaizer Send a message via MSN to Ethan_Kaizer
Default Re: sennheiser earbuds produce little sound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdeadweightxx View Post
Okay so I have been having these sennheiser earbuds for about a year now. I found a few days ago, they hardly produce any sound at all. Its mainly just a bunch of treble and mid, no bass or lows.

I notice on the 3.5mm plug, there are some slight scratches on it, do you think this could be causing some communication errors to be happening?
It could be that they broke physically, but you can't ever expect much bass from earbuds, and be glad they even lasted a year.
__________________

__________________
||Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.4 GHz (OC coming soon) || Biostar TP45HP || 4GB Kingston DDR2 667 RAM ||
Sapphire HD 4670 512mb @778/1140 || Antec Trio 650w || Maxtor 250gb 7200 RPM HDD || Lite-On DVD-RW || Black Aluminum Case||
Ethan_Kaizer is offline  
Old 01-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
-Deactivated-
 
Oreo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: England
Posts: 5,723
Send a message via MSN to Oreo
Default Re: sennheiser earbuds produce little sound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan_Kaizer View Post
It could be that they broke physically, but you can't ever expect much bass from earbuds, and be glad they even lasted a year.
Uhm. yes you can.

Could be 3 things:
The drivers in both earbuds are damaged
part of the cabling is damaged
Also, if earbuds are not a perfect seel in your ear you will hear NO bass.
__________________
-Deactivated-
Oreo is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 110
Default Re: sennheiser earbuds produce little sound!

hm well, like its nothing dealing with the way they fit in my ears or w/e. Like I could turn the volume all the way up on my ipod or zune and it produces hardly any volume, with NO bass. I remember when I used to use these things, and yeah they packed quite a punch as far as bass goes.

But I noticed something else, when I plug my earphones into my laptop, its a really tight fit. So I took my ipod ear buds and plugged them in, and when I took it out there was a noticeable scratch that it had made onto the actual connector.

So, it seems my laptop could have destroyed my earbuds, but idk if scratches on the plug really effect anything.
__________________
#teamdismay
xxdeadweightxx is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1
Default Re: sennheiser earbuds produce little sound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdeadweightxx View Post
hm well, like its nothing dealing with the way they fit in my ears or w/e. Like I could turn the volume all the way up on my ipod or zune and it produces hardly any volume, with NO bass. I remember when I used to use these things, and yeah they packed quite a punch as far as bass goes.

But I noticed something else, when I plug my earphones into my laptop, its a really tight fit. So I took my ipod ear buds and plugged them in, and when I took it out there was a noticeable scratch that it had made onto the actual connector.

So, it seems my laptop could have destroyed my earbuds, but idk if scratches on the plug really effect anything.
I have a pair of Sennheiser ear buds that have the same problem in only one ear. When I went to Sennheiser's website, I found the model I have has a 2 year warranty and are covered. I bought them in August 2007.

If you have the sales receipt (one of the major requirements for proof of purchase date), they will either repair them or replace them with a - like product. You may want to try this route. I did and am glad I did.
__________________
wylekyote is offline  
Old 02-12-2009, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
gurusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,562
Send a message via MSN to gurusan
Default Re: sennheiser earbuds produce little sound!

Which sennheiser buds are they? There are quite a few counterfeit CX300s and such floating around on ebay...i mean almost all of them are fake on ebay!

I just bought some Creative EP-830 earbuds off amazon for 17 quid shipped and am very pleased with them. Very good sound for not much! Also have some Soundmagic PL-30s on their way and will decide which one I like better when they come.
__________________

__________________
|| 2500K @ 5GHz 1 thread, 4.8 2 threads, 4.6 3, 4.5 4 1.284V ||
|| P8P67-M Pro || 8GB @ 2133MHz ||
|| 5850 @ 1000/1225 || XFX 650W || Silverstone FT03B ||
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
gurusan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP! Battlefield 2 Crashes when entering Singleplayer,Multiplayer, and Audio Options Grayman PC Gaming 7 03-17-2009 02:26 AM
Soundcard or not? JB Rekit Computer Audio and Multimedia 33 09-14-2008 01:14 AM
sound card compatable with MIDI? pianoguy Computer Audio and Multimedia 0 08-03-2008 12:57 AM
Sound Card Tips EricB Computer Audio and Multimedia 2 02-18-2008 01:37 AM
Sound Card Issues!! Nuggets Computer Audio and Multimedia 1 06-12-2007 09:40 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.