sennheiser earbuds produce little sound! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Technology > Computer Audio and Multimedia
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default sennheiser earbuds produce little sound!

Okay so I have been having these sennheiser earbuds for about a year now. I found a few days ago, they hardly produce any sound at all. Its mainly just a bunch of treble and mid, no bass or lows.

I notice on the 3.5mm plug, there are some slight scratches on it, do you think this could be causing some communication errors to be happening?

Old 01-26-2009, 10:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to Ethan_Kaizer Send a message via MSN to Ethan_Kaizer
Default Re: sennheiser earbuds produce little sound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdeadweightxx View Post
Okay so I have been having these sennheiser earbuds for about a year now. I found a few days ago, they hardly produce any sound at all. Its mainly just a bunch of treble and mid, no bass or lows.

I notice on the 3.5mm plug, there are some slight scratches on it, do you think this could be causing some communication errors to be happening?
It could be that they broke physically, but you can't ever expect much bass from earbuds, and be glad they even lasted a year.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
-Deactivated-

Send a message via MSN to Oreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan_Kaizer View Post
It could be that they broke physically, but you can't ever expect much bass from earbuds, and be glad they even lasted a year.
Uhm. yes you can.

Could be 3 things:
The drivers in both earbuds are damaged
part of the cabling is damaged
Also, if earbuds are not a perfect seel in your ear you will hear NO bass.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie

hm well, like its nothing dealing with the way they fit in my ears or w/e. Like I could turn the volume all the way up on my ipod or zune and it produces hardly any volume, with NO bass. I remember when I used to use these things, and yeah they packed quite a punch as far as bass goes.

But I noticed something else, when I plug my earphones into my laptop, its a really tight fit. So I took my ipod ear buds and plugged them in, and when I took it out there was a noticeable scratch that it had made onto the actual connector.

So, it seems my laptop could have destroyed my earbuds, but idk if scratches on the plug really effect anything.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxdeadweightxx View Post
hm well, like its nothing dealing with the way they fit in my ears or w/e. Like I could turn the volume all the way up on my ipod or zune and it produces hardly any volume, with NO bass. I remember when I used to use these things, and yeah they packed quite a punch as far as bass goes.

But I noticed something else, when I plug my earphones into my laptop, its a really tight fit. So I took my ipod ear buds and plugged them in, and when I took it out there was a noticeable scratch that it had made onto the actual connector.

So, it seems my laptop could have destroyed my earbuds, but idk if scratches on the plug really effect anything.
I have a pair of Sennheiser ear buds that have the same problem in only one ear. When I went to Sennheiser's website, I found the model I have has a 2 year warranty and are covered. I bought them in August 2007.

If you have the sales receipt (one of the major requirements for proof of purchase date), they will either repair them or replace them with a - like product. You may want to try this route. I did and am glad I did.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to gurusan

Which sennheiser buds are they? There are quite a few counterfeit CX300s and such floating around on ebay...i mean almost all of them are fake on ebay!

I just bought some Creative EP-830 earbuds off amazon for 17 quid shipped and am very pleased with them. Very good sound for not much! Also have some Soundmagic PL-30s on their way and will decide which one I like better when they come.

|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
Closed Thread