Sending Subwoofer Channel to 4.1 Speaker System

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualCLD

Beta member
Hello all! I know this is going to sound weird but I was wonderring if there was a program that would send the subwoofer channel to the front L/R channels. What I'm trying to do is take the 6 Channel (5.1) output from my computer and put it into a 4.1 speaker system. I can always get a 5.1 speaker system in the future (most likely distant future) but I wanted to know if there was a way to "cheat." The 4.1 speakers have two inputs in the subwoofer, a front L/R and a rear L/R.

I know when I send the subwoofer channel into the front L/R input for the speaker system, and play a speaker test, the subwoofer audio tone comes out of the subwoofer. Therefore, I know that sending the the subwoofer channel to front L/R input works, but the trick is sending both the front L/R and the subwoofer outputs from the computer into the one front L/R inputs in the speaker system.

I understand that this is a strange "hack" and this is not meant to be done, but I wanted to try for the heck of it. Thank you in advance.

there isnt really any point, because that signal would only be as broad as you're sub would handle, something like 40hz - 100hz which the from speakers in a setup like that would not have a hope of putting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom