Seeking advice on sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domestic

In Runtime
I own an i7 system and use the Asus P6T onboard sound(Realtek 1200).
I'm about to buy the Sennheiser PC 350 headset and have heard that it is worth getting a decent sound card for. I don't want to spend a tonne on a new sound card and was wondering if anyone could recommend me one for less than $120 US.
Also if you think it is not worth it, please let me know. I know very little about sound and audio in general.

Thank You

Make sure you pick one out that has a headphone amp. From what i hear that is an extremely important part if your not using speakers. Something you might want to consider is what you plan on using the soundcard for. I am ordering a soundcard this week as well, and i am 99% sure i am going with this one here:
Newegg.com - Creative PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card

I am leaning towards the Creative because i primarily game. Movies are pretty important to me too though, which is why i am also considering an Asus Xonar. The Xonar is superior for movies, but not as good for the gaming. If i was buying my soundcard for music though. i would without a doubt get this one:
Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar Essence STX Virtual 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express x1 Interface 124 dB SNR / Headphone AMP Card

Sound cards are tough decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom