Screen Capture Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perf

Solid State Member
Does anyone know of a good (preferably free) screen capture program? I want to take video of what's going on on the screen w/ audio. I tried Camtasia but that only seems to record incoming audio from the mic, not outbound audio. I have used FRAPS before except it only captures programs that use Direct X as far as I know, and I want to capture stuff like web games (don't ask).

Thanks in advance.

Camastia has that option. Just check the "What you hear" box. That will be your best option.

I've used HyperCam2 before; it's a decent one. The freeware one just leaves a watermark in the top-left corner. Not sure if it can record outbound audio or not, as I've just recorded video with it.

Camastia has that option. Just check the "What you hear" box. That will be your best option.

Thanks, can't believe I missed that. For some reason though, it doesn't capture my audio. I've tried all the settings (CD, mic volume, line volume, Stereo mix) but it won't pick up sound from my computer. The sound is on and I can hear it through the headphones. Right now I'm using a Realtek audio driver, which seems to be pretty crappy. Is this the problem?

I've used HyperCam2 before; it's a decent one. The freeware one just leaves a watermark in the top-left corner. Not sure if it can record outbound audio or not, as I've just recorded video with it.

:rolleyes: i was going to suggest hypercam i've seen it used for a few videos and seems to be good (as in useable)

Thanks, can't believe I missed that. For some reason though, it doesn't capture my audio. I've tried all the settings (CD, mic volume, line volume, Stereo mix) but it won't pick up sound from my computer. The sound is on and I can hear it through the headphones. Right now I'm using a Realtek audio driver, which seems to be pretty crappy. Is this the problem?

Possibly. But i would say go into the control panel and check to make sure that hte line in and the what you hear volumes are turned up so that you can hear it. See if that helps.;)

Possibly. But i would say go into the control panel and check to make sure that hte line in and the what you hear volumes are turned up so that you can hear it. See if that helps.;)

yeah do this and set it for what you hear. uncheck all mute in your sound volumes icon properties too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom