SB Live! Digital problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incanus

Beta member
I have P4@2.4GHz with HyperThreading, 512 MB DDR 400, ASUS P4P800S MB, Creative SB Live! Digital 5.1, creative Inspire 5300 5.1 speakers and os is win2k professional.
I have downloaded latest drivers from soundblaster and when i run it it says it did not detect any sb card on my computer. I managed to install drivers and other software (audiohq, mixer and diagnostics) manualy but in the mixer speakers setup i can only select headphones, 2 and 4 speakers. When i run diagnostics they fail to detect soundcard. I tried with older version of drivers, tried to insert the card into different slot and none of it helped.
My onboard soundcard is disabled in BIOS so it's not the conflict issue. I realy don't have a clue what could be a problem.
I read in some article that win2k runing on P4 with HT technology has problems with creative sb cards but it didn't say what kind of problems. Could that be it?

Any clues what could solve my problem?

Thanks in advance

Not sure if this'll help, but my Sound Blaster said to disable the onboard, but then I couldn't get any sound at all. It did recognize my card, but no audio, so I "undisabled" and since, no probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom