S-Video into low res widescreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Fusion

Solid State Member
I have two threads to post in this section. this is one of them.
EDIT: i can't remember what my other thread was going to be. i hate ADD.

Okay, so I noticed the back of my computer has an S-video out, so i hurried and ordered an s-video female to A/V male so it can output to my portable dvd player (I will use anything for anything on an 8 year old piece of junk computer). it's now my secondary monitor. but my problem is, I can't get it into wide screen. I don't want something like 1600x1200, because I've seen lots of threads spread across the internet about people hooking up their 50 inch flat screen TVs to it. I'm not that lucky.

It shows up as a TV in my display properties, and will only select either 640x480, 800x600, or 1024x768. 640x480 is most readable for me, but it's standard resolution, not widescreen. I have all the updated drivers for my card (nVidia Geforce 5200 [old, i know]), I've tried everything in display properties, completely devoured the custom timing menu in the nvidia control panel, and have tried plenty of programs, like powerstrip, multires, and others.

I've been working on this for about 4 hours straight now. Any suggestions?

this is my portable dvd player. not sure why it would help, but you never know.

Toshiba_8-22_Portable_DVD_Player_with_Car_KitCQ7-standard.jpg

Hello,

Are you even sure that the widescreen resolutions are supported by that card? I would check that first.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Are you even sure that the widescreen resolutions are supported by that card? I would check that first.

Cheers,
Mak

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it supports widescreen, because with my other monitor, the next resolution up is 1280x720.

i don't know if it helps or not, but the S-video out on my computer runs through a cord that converts it into A/V ports, and that cord converts it into the DVD player's input. i haven't really had problems, with say, my xbox classic. widescreen works fine on that.

Hello,

I dont think that would be the issue. Maybe your GFX drivers are outdated?

Cheers,
Mak

s-video resolution is 800x600. you need dvi or hdmi for high resolution. you can try to fake it with s-vdeio but your card will need a zoom feature

s-video resolution is 800x600. you need dvi or hdmi for high resolution. you can try to fake it with s-vdeio but your card will need a zoom feature

I know that, about the 800x600 resolution, but I can get it to display 640x480, whether or not that's what the s-video cord displays. I need a way to display 840x480. I'm not looking for high resolution. not at ALL lol. I'm just looking for 840x480 to display to what my graphics card claims is a TV

you can't do it unless you have a zoom feature for reasons that i explain above. you can downsize 4:3 (640x480) easy but you can't make it 10 1/2(or 10.5):6 without a zoom feature

you can't do it unless you have a zoom feature for reasons that i explain above. you can downsize 4:3 (640x480) easy but you can't make it 10 1/2(or 10.5):6 without a zoom feature

aaaaaalright then, where would I get a driver/mod with a zoom feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom