rm and mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Hello,

I don't know about Real Media...however I do know that MP3s can be played on a wider range of players...and there are more encoding settings available. Plus, it's easier to encode. Programs like Nero Wave Editor can encode MP3s, and so can the free utlity: dBpowerAmp.

I have seen many website they mentioned that rm is smaller in size than mp3, the file below is same file but in different format (rm, and mp3), I found it in a website while I was searchin the internet,

RM :7.33 MBytes MP3 : 20.58 MBytes

RM is definetly smaller in size but then, as Alvin.C said, mp3 are more common and can be played on a wider range of players

However, if you are downloading the media, I would advise you to download them in .rm format. It has great quality (similiar and even better than some mp3) most of the time.

Then, to burn them to a CD or DVD, convert them back to mp3 of wav.

As for the converter, I have searched a lot for one and finally got hold of a simple one that converts them to wav. (You can then delete the wav ones after you burn your cd if you dont have much disk space since the wav are very big sizes.)

If you are interested in it, let me know.
Il send it to you by email or send you the link

Thanks for your reply

1- Can I record voice form chatting room as rm, or ram ?

2- How can I convert mp3 ro rm and vice versa ?

3- Could you please send me link for that.

Thanks

There are plenty of programs that DECODE rm files but none (that I know of that will ENCODE other formats to rm, though you can rip CDs to ra format using RealPlayer10. So the answer to your first two questions is...you can't.

I will have to agree with adaywayne.
I've never heard of any program that can convert any media type to .rm

As for the link, can you please send me your email and Ill send it to you as an attachment (the files size is small, dont worry)
I got it a long time ago and forgot from what website

There is another free one but its size is 1.1 MB
Its name is RA2WAV 2.0

Check if you can find a website to download it from

(If you are concerned about speed or batch conversions, RA2WAV is better since the other one (108KB in size) records the files WHILE playing them so you will have to listen to the whole song and when the playing is done, the recording will also be done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom