Ripping Vinal Records...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOXIC-3D

Beta member
How'dee all...

I was wondering if someone out there might be able to help me with something... I've just purchased a "SoundBlaster Audigy 2" card so that I could "rip/download" a collection of vinal records that use to belong to my grandfather who passed on 30 years ago... I'm trying to find a program that will allow me to "connect" the "Side 1 Wave file" to the "Side 2 Wave file",... so that I can burn one continuous "Wave file" of the said album thats in question... I've used "WavGlue" in the past but for some reason or another, it doesn't seem to want to work in conjunction with my Audigy card... It either works or it doesn't...

I would really like to find a program that can accomplish this...?

Thank You for your Time...

I would recomend just going to www.google.com or another search engine and just searching things like 'wav join' to find a suitable program. Personally I use cooledit for that sort of thing... but it is not free and I believe the demo lacks a save feature. Other alternatives are gold wave, soundforge and the like witch generally fall under the category of audio editors. Hope this helps.

Microsoft Plus Digital Media Edition includes an analog recorder that works great. I have recorded many records and they sound great. It will even remove pops and clicks and reduce hiss. Though it's not free. It's only $20 and includes a bunch of other stuff. You can also download it instead of waiting for it to ship. You can find it HERE.

How'dee All...

I'd like to Thank you all for your replies... but in the end I finally got the software that came with my Audigy 2 card to work exactly like I thought it should have right from the begining... And let me tell ya... "WOW!" So far I've ripped 20 complete albums from 1957 - 1961 and they've come out "Awesome!!!" With the Audigy's software I was able to rip the albums while removing an "Extreme" amount of the "Pops, cracks, and general noise" that one might expect from 45 year ole vinal albums... Anyway, I say "Extreme" amount because I can't really give you a percentage scale with each album having its own degree of aging... After the original rip I'm able to take all the parts that were ripped. For example I have a couple of Gatefold albums that have 2 or more vinal's... so with 2 vinal's there would be 4 parts, unless of course there was a track here and there that was scratched beyond playing. Then the next segment after that track no becomes a part of the same side. Anyway, in the end the bundled software for the Audigy takes all the tracks, allows you to put them in "Your" specific order, and then records a new file with all the parts put together into one file... Freak'n cool! Oh, and did I mention that when your doing the final recording where the parts are merged, that your able to adjust the music thats being recorded with the softwares own "Mixing Board". Although its somewhat low functioning when compared to a 22 band equilizer for example... but I was able to make all the recordings sound as next to "New" as New can sound from a vinal...

Anyway, Thanks again for all your help... And I highly recommend the "Sound Blaster Audigy 2" sound card, although I wish I could have picked up their Platnium version...

Later'All...

I use goldwave, and plug the tables into my line in making sure i have the right input selected in volume control

Hi Ho said:
Microsoft Plus Digital Media Edition includes an analog recorder that works great. I have recorded many records and they sound great. It will even remove pops and clicks and reduce hiss. Though it's not free. It's only $20 and includes a bunch of other stuff. You can also download it instead of waiting for it to ship. You can find it HERE.

I've been using this to rip vinyl lps and really like it. Curious if you (or anyone) have used the "pops and hiss" remover? I actually don't mind them - it's how I heard 'em "back in the day" you know....

I haven't tried running one through it yet - I'm kind of reluctant to. My mind is picturing what happens when I let an app "clean up" a digital photo. Perhaps the algorithm for sound imperfections is easier to apply than visual.

Any opinions, experience etc. out there?

Ed

I wet the record before I play it. it works better than the pop and crackle removers

You have to use soap. I have some classic music CD's. They are awesome quality. My Latin teacher copied them with high end equipment and soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom